Monday, September 14, 2009

Dangerous staph germs found at West Coast beaches

SAN FRANCISCO – Dangerous staph bacteria have been found in sand and water for the first time at five public beaches along the coast of Washington, and scientists think the state is not the only one with this problem.The germ is MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus — a hard-to-treat bug once rarely seen outside of hospitals but that increasingly is spreading in ordinary community settings such as schools, locker rooms and gyms.The germ causes nasty skin infections as well as pneumonia and other life-threatening problems. It spreads mostly through human contact. Little is known about environmental sources that also may harbor the germ.

My oh my! Now I saw this article the other day and actually saved it to do a post on it because I have thought of this often. My first thoughts came when I decided never to eat fish again because they were being found dead all over the place..and the studies are showing larger mercury rates in the fish. At that time nobody really was listening, but I hope people do now. We have infected our waters and beaches and it is sad. They said to not stop going to the beaches and the waters and I was like um....no thank you. They  are even finding it in the sand. If you recall many beaches were and still are finding needles etc coming up on the shore.  This is a lot to think about but I have been thinking of it quite a while back. We have again polluted something else on God's green earth. All I can say is, don't shrug it off and I'm glad I have a pool..*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess my comment didnt post.

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

I didnt recieve any comment from you becky besides the one above. Maybe blogger going crazy again. Please feel free to comment again. Nice to see you xoxoxox

Cal said...

A worrying turn of events on our planet. x

Beedeebabee said...

This IS very scary! ... On a happier note though, I have to tell you how much I love seeing those little horses in your banner every time I visit! Hugs, Paulette :o)

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

lol Paulette, they do make one smile don't they. Nice to see you.xoxox

cottonreel said...

This is the scariest thing I ,ve heard in a long time, I,t really seems unimaginable, I love those ponies too--cottonreel

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

It is very scary. The worst part is I bet it is on every water and beach. Sad to say, but we must educate ourselves to new dangers, just like new technology. xoxox