Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do We Really Know What Facebook Does?


I have been using Facebook on and off now for a few years. Recently I found family members I hadn't located before. This was a nice surprise.  I'm starting to believe the bad might out weigh the good as far as privacy and choice issues go when choosing to use Facebook. That's not good, nor a surprise.
If you have noticed FB has made a new page layout for its users. You actually had the option to click the button to change to the new one...or stay with the old. My husband and myself both preferred the old one....but it seem FB now makes the choice for you. I recently signed in and there it was....my page had been changed. I was very surprised to say the least. Is there a little person in my pc clicking ok buttons without my knowledge? Thinking about it, I went to my husbands page to see if it was changed,  maybe I hit the button by accident. Wrong answer, his was also changed. So what do we have here.....FB asks you what you want and then changes it anyway?? What else can they click and make happen to my page, or account for that matter? Well to say the least I closed the account and I will make sure to chalk this one up to...why are you surprised? Shame on Facebook and please everyone beware.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree completely. i think the computer knows just about everything there is to know about anyone who uses them. i am amazed how much info. people share on facefook. i have some friends that have put their birthday, address and other personal stuff. it's scary if you think about it!

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

It really is scary. They can and do access all the things you chose for them not to. Think about it. I didn't click the button to change my layout... THEY clicked it for me. So when people select preferences, how do you know they still can't get your info. Remember...THEY own the site. Wise up people.

mafia_bride said...

Hey You !!
I almost joined Facebook...just to find you when you disappeared...cuz I asked Steve what happened to you & he said you might be on FB. Anyway a little voice kept saying not to join.
So here you are....and all that snow! We here have to travel to enjoy any snow. Glad to see you blogging again, I always enjoy reading your posts.
Hugggs, sweetie