Thursday, January 6, 2011

Are Chat Rooms A Thing Of The Past


I recently came back to my blog, which led me to see if anyone else still had an active one. I found a lot to be closed....or left behind. I also went back to some old chat room haunts to see if any of the same people were there, they also were gone. I actually got a really weird feeling about it...something that was there on a routine basis...exists no more. I think as time goes by, people move on. I do believe these same people have moved on to different things on the internet and not left it at all.  Shopping may be one of those things, lol we are such a "throw away society" as I have termed it.
Ok back to my title. At one point in time chat rooms were a very big thing, but I think that has waned for sure.  I was surfing around and the numbers are very small now. Yes I do think Facebook has taken over. I actually believe Facebook was the demise of Myspace. All in all it's like everything  else.....fads, but I do think FB will be here for a while.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I agree...facebook has taken over but I left it behind too. It became too public for me in my private life and I couldn't take it anymore...my family and friends are still on it and keep telling me I should come back again, but I have had enough. I like my peaceful little blog and hope others who read it will feel peaceful too. It is my little contribution for the day, even if I can't get to it every day. I also enjoy reading others blogs and their thoughts for the day, nice to get to catch up on yours again. Smile today. :)

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

Hi Gloria. I'm glad you stopped by. I agree about the blog...it is a comfy little spot to just jabber and see friends also. I'm going to try and be here more often :) I have a fb acct, but for me it is too nosy....i like it for speaking to my long distance family. To me it seems fb has too many sneaky ways to get your info. I don't like that. I will smile today and think of you. xox