Monday, November 2, 2009

As The Clocks Fall Back



The weather has finally turned here for good. We set the clocks back and now that heat is gone until next time. I have lived here in NC for ten years now, but I still am not acclimated. The colder weather is so nice to cuddle up in a blanket to. Our horses love the cooler weather too, they run and play for hours. The last of the bugs are trying to hang on outside....these little caterpillers on the front porch come back magically everytime I sweep. The fire ants still have a hold on the front yard, darn things. You have to fight them forever and never give an inch, or they take over. I lost one of my baby river birch trees to them. Sadly, I did not research until after planting, fire ants love to eat river birch trees. I will have to get a picture of one of their mounds out here....some further in the woods are a few feet tall. Sigh...I am still trying to figure what the intention of their life was to be. Anyway, enjoy this cool weather....hopefully we will get snow this year in NC.*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a beautiful picture!

Fall is here - that is for sure - even in Georgia.

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

Hi Chatty

I am so glad for the cool weather and I know you are thankful in GA. The humidity there curls your hair. xoxoxox

Cindy said...

So colorful, beautiful
cindy

Stella said...

What a beautiful, serene picture. Thanks for sharing. We are having cool nights and warm days here in Mo. My favorite time of year.