Thursday, November 5, 2009

DO NOT PAY CELL PHONE EARLY TERMINATION FEES!


I had decided I wanted to purchase an Iphone, but was going to wait until my contract was up with my current cell phone carrier...Sprint. Last night a situation occurred to my surprise, which made it happen even sooner. I was on the Sprint online page and saw the new Android phone...HTC Hero. I thought I might check it out so I could get a new phone sooner and not have to change carriers. I saw the price for a new customer.and thought wow, with my upgrade discount...what a bargain that would be. WRONG. Long story short, I called the company and was informed even with my discount...i'd end up paying the same price as the new customer. I told the man that is crap, especially since Sprint was claiming I was a "Premier" customer. I told him he can keep his phone. We all know I told him more...but thats another story..lol.
I went directly to the Apple site and got the number for the Iphone. I called, got a really kind man, ordered new service, 2 new phone with accessories. I will end up paying $10 more for my plan a month than I did with Sprint. Considering they are new phones and now I will have internet on the phones, I didn't  have the net or rollover minutes on sprint...I made out quite nicely.
The main thing I want you all to realize, I was still in a contract with Sprint when I set up my new service with At&T and the Iphones. The kicker is the Apple rep told me just how to get out of that contract...he said it is quite easy to get out of any cell phone contract....consumers just dont realize. He was talking about ANY cell phone company, so as not to incriminate himself lol. Well wasn't this a nice treat...I directly called Sprint and got out of the contract with no early termination fees. It would have cost me $400! Kiss my Iphone loving fanny Sprint! I keep thinking about the rep on the phone from Sprint telling me he's "sorry" I don't like the price of the phone being the same for older "premier"  customers and new ones. In your face! Verizon just changed their fee to $350! NEVER PAY EARLY TERMINATION FEES! ITS A RIP OFF!..
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/154280    ```````````  the link to the verizon article

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

So what did you do to get out of it? What did you say? Please tell.

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

I let them know I got bad service...all of us get bad service, one way or another with our cell service.....bottom line...keep insisting to ask to supervisors..everyone of them has one...keep going...took me 1 supervisor...DO NOT GIVE UP! We have the right to cancel without penalty because of ANY dissatisfaction. Do not let them tell you no. Verizon hiked their rate to 350.....because they can...others will follow suit. They do it because we pay it, or stay hostage to them when other carriers are offering way better deals. SAY NO TO IT!

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

BTW....these penalties are being looked at in congress.....people need to SAY NO to the unfair penalties. I had seen an article yesterday about it on the net and will NEVER pay one EVER. They have no right to make us stay, when we can find better service or better prices elsewhere :)

♥Frann♥ said...

♥нι friend...νιѕιтιиg тнιѕ cυтє вℓσg,ρℓz νιѕιт му cυтє вℓσg тσσσ..нυgz♥

BALLET NEWS said...

these charges are just wrong.

Beedeebabee said...

Boy! THAT was an eye opener! Thanks for all the great info! Hope you love your new phone even more now! Go Girl!!! Hugs, Paulette ;)