Friday, October 16, 2009

How can we not love animals.



This is Joey when he was little. I love this picture and was reminded of it with my sisters phone call last night. My sister is an animal control officer in NJ. She loves animals too and often brings them home to foster and find a home, or keep. I'd have to say she isnt as bad as me as wanting them all, but if she was at home more, I think she would be. Well, she called and told me she had to put her cat Alley to sleep. She had adopted Alley even tho Alley had feline Aids. She loved that cat and was so upset, she said no more animals. Well that was yesterday. She called today and told me she adopted another cat. I was not surprised, often we get another animal when one passes. So she is feeling better and I am glad. My sister has a gigantic heart and any animal she gives a home is very lucky. That is what made me think of this picture. She was with me when I got Joey and she also let me know there was one at her shelter that looked excactly like him. She is driving the kitty to my home next weekend. lol. I have time to soften hubby...hehehe.*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Have fun with your sister and her new kitten.

Beedeebabee said...

What a beauty he is! I'll bet you can't wait for your knew one to arrive! I'm so sorry about your sister's kitty. I have three house cats, and I was feeding a poor little stray for the past couple of months. I trapped her on Tuesday and brought her to the vet, in hopes of bringing her inside to join our family. The vet did some tests and kept her overnight. He called me on Wednesday to tell me that she had feline Leukemia, and all of her legs had at one time been broken, which is why she walked so funny. She was just too sick to save, and he put her to sleep. I was so, so upset. Poor little thing must have had such a hard life. :( I feel so bad for all the animals who don't have a warm house and people to love them.

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

ty Chatty, I just cant wait! Paulette I really am so proud of you for all you did for that cat. Trapping and bringing in one is tough. I didnt mention it, but my sisters cat actually was dying of Leukimeia, not the Aids. They did blood work when she was acting sick and found it. I noticed the vet is testing for Lukemia in cats quite often now. Anyway at least you got to give her some love. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh your sister sounds so sweet.My oldest daughteer lovesssssss kitties too.I think she would have a kitty farm if she were allowed where she lives,LOL