Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let it rain!!!!


Well finally it has started to rain, so I stepped outside on the front porch and snapped this picture. As you can see the river birches up the drive have been under a bit of heat stress, losing quite a bit of leaves for this time of year. If you are wondering about the little tree, that is a little gem magnolia. I had to replace a river birch tree with it after the fire ants had killed one of the six birch trees I planted. I planted these trees about five years ago and five made it...so I'm happy about that. I would have much rather replaced it with another river birch, but my local nursery guy didn't' have anymore and wasn't getting any. So we shall see how this little gem does, it was just planted last year, so it's a lil one.
As far as the rain goes I hope it goes on for days...our pond in the back is so very low. Tomorrow I'll take a walk back there and take some pictures. I was asking a friend yesterday to send his rain this way...thanks a bunch Rick and keep it coming.

No comments: