Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Pond



I have mentioned our pond a few times and the fact that we need rain so badly. I decided to walk back there yesterday and snap the first picture above so you could see. Notice the color, which is also a factor because of not enough rain. The second picture is last year. There is a big difference in the color and probably about four feet of water. This is why I'm always asking everyone to send me their rain. A couple years back I remember the pond flooding almost to the barn with the fish all over the place. I truly do think we are doing things to make our atmosphere and weather change. I hope someone is paying attention. Oops almost forgot, that's Itchy, one of our fish in the second picture. He wouldn't stay up top for me to get him in the top picture. The fish are still there but lower because of the water. Usually i have fish food for them to get them to surface, but this time I forgot to bring some. *♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many reasons for your green pond. There might be lots more fish in it since the water is lower, the waste can make it green, Think about getting a fountain. That would fix your water quick :)

Anonymous said...

CG DON'T GO BACK TO THE ROOMS, THEY AREN'T WORTHY. GREAT BLOG

Anonymous said...

ponds tend to get green when there is not much rain. don't worry.

mafia_bride said...

Hey Terry
Another interesting post. Me being a "city" person don't get to see these things so thanks sweetie.

Festina Lente said...

Hi there, nice blog you have and nice of you to follow mij blog. How did you find me? And can you read Dutch? Or do you use translate tools? I just wonder...

Terry¨*♥ ♥**♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ ♥*¨¨*♥ said...

Ty and so is yours. Yes i use the translate tool. I often look through the blogs and follow what i find interesting so i can view it again.

yw mafia. I was hoping people were enjoying the pics xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

hello there Terry
In times of drought or near drought, ponds can lower significantly. Not to worry, they usually refill and the color gets back. Nature is a wonderful thing. In the meantime, make sure there aren't too many fish in the pond. Very interesting blog.

Bill

Anonymous said...

BONNIE RAITT ROCKS! :) :) :)